What is Centralized Purchasing?
In collaboration with procurement, finance, and the budget offices, OIT has implemented a centralized purchasing process for the acquisition of technology equipment. Users will now be directed to a website hosted in Atlas, to submit orders for technology equipment and peripherals.
When is this taking effect?
This process went into effect Wednesday, July 1, 2015.
Why do we need this? How does it benefit my department? The College?
This centralized purchasing model for technology hardware and software will:
- Streamline the process of technology procurement
- Ensure licensing compliance for software and that devices are compatible with Valencia’s network environment
- Provide increased information security and efficient technical support by OIT
- Increase the efficiency and savings for Valencia College
Where is this new Technology Purchases website located?
To access the new system for purchasing technology hardware and software, follow these steps:
- Log in to Atlas
- Go to the Employees tab
- In the Employee Support channel, click on “Service Requests”
- From the drop down menu, select “Technology Purchases”
- Enter your Atlas login username and password (this step will be automated in the coming weeks).
Who has access? Who do I call if I run into an issue?
If you have the ability to create requisitions in Banner or are listed as a Budget Manager in Banner, you have access to this website. Should you have any questions about this new process, please contact the OIT Service Desk at OITServiceDesk@valenciacollege.edu or at extension 5555. You may also submit a service request through our online portal