Before beginning the installation of Office 365, Please ensure that all prior versions of Microsoft Office are uninstalled from your computer. Failure to do so may result in errors in the installation and/or instability in the Office suite.
Office 365 requires Windows 7/8/8.1
Windows Vista and XP are not supported
Internet Explorer 11.0.9600 was used with following instructions.
To install Microsoft Office 365 on a computer running Microsoft Windows, perform the steps.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Hover your mouse over the O365/Email Icon on the Top Right Corner and Click on Office 365 from the drop down menu.
- A Pop-up will appear asking to "Select a Certificate." Be certain your email address is the Subject and click "OK."
- Click "Install Now"
Uncheck "Make Bing your search engine"
Uncheck "Make MSN your browser home page"
- You'll start downloading a setup file. A Microsoft pop-up will appear in the middle of the screen, but scroll down further and you'll see another pop-up at the bottom of the page with the options of Run, Save, and Cancel. Please Click on "Run."
- A precaution User Account Control pop-up will appear. Please Click "Yes" to authorize the setup file to proceed.
- Office 365 will now install, Multiple pop-up screen will appears but be patient as it install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, Skype, OneDrive, and Access.
- Once the installation is complete, you will be presented with the following image. Click "Close." Microsoft O365 is now completely installed and ready to be used!
If you're a student or not on the Valencia College network. You may need to follow the procedure below.
- Once you're on your Desktop screen, click on the Start Button which is the Windows Logo on the Bottom Left of your screen.
Note: Depending on your Operating System, finding the O365 App you've installed may differ.
--- Windows 7
--- Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10
The following screen shot has been capture for your convenience based on your Operating System.
- Open Microsoft Word or the App you've installed.
Note: Click and Expand base on your Operating System
--- Windows 7
Note: Click on All Programs--- Windows 8 & 8.1
Note: Within the List you should see Microsoft Word
Note: Click on Link to Expand base on your Operating System--- Windows 10
Note: If the Word is not on your Start Menu, you may need to go into your advance option to find it, which is located on the bottom left arrow.
Note: Click on All Apps
Note: Find Microsoft Word within the list
- Once you open your App you've installed, you may be prompted to "Activate Office." Enter your Valencia College Email Address. You MUST use your Valencia Email to Activate Office then Click Next.
Note: Faculty/Staff/Students email must be in the following format.
- Once you entered your Valencia College Email, you then MUST enter your Atlas Password then Click Sign In.
Note: Check Keep me signed in
- If you've successfully sign in, authenticated, and activated Microsoft Office 365. You will be shown the following image.
- Congratulations! You completely installed Microsoft Office 365.
Valencia College does not provide support for personal devices. The following information is provided as a courtesy. OIT and Valencia College assume no liability for use or misuse of this information.