Withdrawing a Student
You can withdraw a student in Atlas through the Final Grade function. The Atlas system is programmed to recognize the dates of the Withdrawal Deadline. Entering the “W” in the Final Grade list, enables Banner (the student database system) to change the student’s registration status from registered to withdrawn; directions follow.
- Log in to Atlas.
- Click on the Faculty tab, then on Faculty and Advisor Services, then on Final Grades.
- You will now see all the courses you have taught in the past as well as the courses you are currently teaching:
- Make sure you select Final Grades Tab in the top of the page:
- You can sort the course information on this screen by clicking on the arrows in the gray heading.
- Select the course CRN, you will now see the students enrolled in this course as well as the course information summary to the right of the screen:
Once you click on a course, depending on the number of courses on your screen, you may need to scroll down to get to the roster for the course you clicked on.
- Select the student you want to withdraw by clicking on the student's name:
- Click on the down arrow in the final grade to see all the available grades:
- Select "W" using the drop-down arrow next to the Final Grade option. Also enter a last date of attendance by clicking on the Last Attend Date field. A calendar will pop up, select the date (it will be saved with the format: MM/DD/YYYY).
*********** A last date of attendance is required to withdraw a student, including No Shows. Enter the 1st day of the part of term for No Shows, once the system processes the student to show a "WN" final grade it will remove the last date attendance you entered. For regular withdraws enter the last date they attended class, the system will keep this date.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your list and Click on the gray Save button.
- You will immediately see a notification on the top right hand side of the screen regarding the changes you are trying to save:
- The error is indicating that the last date of attendance entered does not fall within the start and end dates of course.
- Correct the date and resubmit, you will continue to see the notification of the error on the top right of the screen until it's corrected:
- You can always check the Notifications on the top right of the screen to verify that all your changes have been saved successfully, to see the following message:
Note: The system will change the student’s registration to a withdrawal status, add the “Last Date of Attendance” manually on the Final Grade list for all students that have been processed with a withdrawal status. This date is critical for students receiving Financial Aid, in particular. The last date of attendance cannot be any later than the last day of final exams in the term. If the withdraw is not processed by the system within 15 minutes, send an email to email@example.com.