Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Student Feedback on Instruction (SFI) CoursEval
Why can't I log in? Student Feedback on Instruction (SFI) CoursEval
- There are two possible reasons why you are having trouble logging in to the system.
- We have found that for some students, the last time they changed their Atlas passwords, they did not correctly sync across all of Valencia’s systems. The only way to force a reset is to change your Atlas password again. I understand that this can be an inconvenience, and apologize for that. If you remember your previous Atlas password, you might be successful using that to log in.
- If you are receiving a "Not a valid CoursEval user" error, then you have not been added to the CoursEval system. New users are added at different times during the semester just before surveys launch. Please refer to our calendar for survey availability dates. You will receive an email notification when your available surveys are open and will have access at that time. The SFI schedule of administration dates can be found at: http://valenciacollege.edu/academic-affairs/institutional-effectiveness-planning/institutional-assessment/saicc/SAICalendar.cfm
Oops! I filled out the survey wrong—can you reset it for me? I can't see my completed surveys. Student Feedback on Instruction (SFI) CoursEval
- Students can edit their survey responses until the surveys close. To edit your responses, click on SURVEYS toward the upper left corner of the homepage and choose COMPLETED SURVEYS. All of your completed surveys will be displayed. You can bring the most recent completion to the top of the list by selecting the downward arrow to the right of Date/Time Completed. Select Edit Survey Answers in the Date Closed column to edit your responses.
I didn’t take a survey, and the deadline has passed. Can you re-open it for me? Student Feedback on Instruction (SFI) CoursEval
- Unfortunately, once a survey is closed, we are unable to re-open it. The faculty and deans value your feedback and hope you will be able to participate in future semesters. The SFI schedule of administration dates can be found at: http://valenciacollege.edu/academic-affairs/institutional-effectiveness-planning/institutional-assessment/saicc/SAICalendar.cfm
How do I send proof that I completed the survey to my professor? Student Feedback on Instruction (SFI) CoursEval
A: To send proof of completion to your instructor, follow these steps:
- Log into CoursEval: http://tiny.cc/CoursEval_Student
- Select the Surveys link toward the top left corner of the homepage and then choose Completed Surveys.
*Note: If you are on the mobile site, please click on the Full Site link to be able to access your Completed Surveys.
- On the Completed Surveys page, make sure the most recent surveys appear by clicking on the downward arrow to the right of Date/Time Completed.
- In the Date/Time Completed column, click on the Send Proof link for your completed survey. An email will be sent to your professor letting them know that you have completed the course survey.
When I click the “send proof” link, what does my professor see? Student Feedback on Instruction (SFI) CoursEval
- The send proof option sends an email to the instructor informing them that you have successfully submitted your survey. This is what the message will say and it does not include your survey responses:
Participant............: Your Name
Date/Time Submitted....: The date and time submitted
Survey.................: Survey Name
Course Number..........: Course Number
Course Name............: Course Name
Course Section.........: Course Section
Can students access the SFI through the tab/link in our class Blackboard site too? Student Feedback on Instruction (SFI) CoursEval
- The "Student Feedback on Instruction (SFI) - CoursEval" link within Blackboard will direct students to the CoursEval portal. Students can access the survey portal by clicking the link embedded in all of our e-mail correspondence.
Why aren’t all of the classes I’m teaching appearing on the list of courses to take the SFI? Student Feedback on Instruction (SFI) CoursEval
- The faculty decided to try a new schedule for administering the SFI to students. This schedule will be reviewed at a later date and will include feedback from both the student population and faculty members. The SFI schedule of administration dates can be found at: http://valenciacollege.edu/academic-affairs/institutional-effectiveness-planning/institutional-assessment/saicc/SAICalendar.cfm
Is there a unique URL (hyperlink) for my class that I can send to my students? Student Feedback on Instruction (SFI) CoursEval
- CoursEval is a portal system, much like Atlas, which students and faculty must log in to; therefore, we cannot generate unique URLs for each course. The URL for the portal is http://tiny.cc/CoursEval_Student and users should log in with their regular Valencia credentials.
Can I add my own questions to the surveys for my class? Student Feedback on Instruction (SFI) CoursEval
- Faculty cannot add questions to their own individual surveys in CoursEval. However, faculty members are able to use the Qualtrics online survey tool, which allows them to create and administer customized surveys to Valencia College students. http://valenciacollege.edu/academic-affairs/institutional-effectiveness-planning/institutional-assessment/saicc/SurveySupport.cfm
For other general questions not relating to technology, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.