In order to improve emergency communications, Valencia College has implemented an improved emergency alert/communications system. Improvements include a simplified user interface, easier subscription management, the ability to send targeted alerts, and the ability for users to log back in at any time to update their profile and subscription information.
Important Note: If you were signed up to receive alerts in the old system, your information did not carry over to the new system. You will need to log into the new Emergency Messaging System to configure your profile information and alert preferences. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Log into your Atlas account by navigating to https://atlas.valenciacollege.edu
- Navigate to the "My Atlas" Tab and click on the Valencia Alerts graphic in the Valencia Alerts channel.
- Update your contact information as needed, then click the yellow button to go onto the next step, where you will be able to update your Alerts Info.
- If this is your first time to the Valencia Alerts portal, you will be walked through setting up Alert preferences by the Setup Assistant
- You may change your preferences at any time by logging back into the portal, navigating to the "My Subscriptions" Tab and selecting/de-selecting the desired options.
Please note: by selecting the option for "outreach" you are opting to receive non-emergency communications via the addresses and phone numbers listed in the Emergency Messaging System. Select this option so as not to miss important informational messages sent to faculty and staff. It is recommended that all faculty/staff select this option.
If you are using internet Explorer and having problems viewing the video . Please refresh the page and click the "Show all Content" Button