You can share calendar information with other people by using Microsoft Outlook 2010 in three ways:
- By email
- With Microsoft Exchange Server accounts
- By publishing a calendar online
- Share calendars by email
- Share calendars using a Microsoft Exchange Server account
- Share a calendar by publishing it online
Share calendars by email
Calendars shared by email arrive in the recipient’s Inbox as email message attachments, with a Calendar Snapshot in the message body. You can edit the Calendar Snapshot before sending. For example, you can change fonts or highlight days or appointments.
To send a calendar by email:
- On the Home tab, in the Share group, click E-mail Calendar.
- In the Calendar box, click the calendar that you want to send.
- In the Date Range box, click the time period that you want the calendar to show.
- Enter or select any other options that you want, and then click OK.
An Outlook 2010 user who receives the Calendar by email can choose to open the Calendar Snapshot in Outlook. Doing so can display the Calendar Snapshot and the recipient’s current calendar in side-by-side mode or calendar overlay mode.