To set or remove reminders, select the e-mail message, contact, or task:
In Microsoft Outlook 2007
- On the Standard toolbar, click Follow Up, and then click Add Reminder.
- In the Custom dialog box, select or clear the Reminder check box. If you select the check box, enter the date and time when you want the reminder to appear.
Tip: You can quickly flag e-mail messages as to-do items by using reminders. Right-click the Flag Status column in the message list. Or if you have the message open, on the Message tab, in the Tracking group, click Follow Up, and then click Add Reminder.
- Click OK.
In Microsoft Outlook 2010
- From the open e-mail message, contact, or tasks, find the Options sub-directory
- Set the reminder by selecting the number of minutes before the occurance you would like the reminder to activate.
- To remove the reminder set the number of minutes to 0 in the same section.