To add holidays and events:
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click Calendar Options.
- Under Calendar options, click Add Holidays.
- Select the check box next to each country/region whose holidays you want to add to your calendar, and then click OK.
Note: Your own country/region is automatically selected.
If you already added a country's or region's holidays to your calendar, the check box for that country/region is selected in the Add Holidays to Calendar dialog box. If you try to add the same items again, you receive the following message:
Holidays for country/region are already installed. Do you want to install them again?
If you click Yes, the holidays and events are installed a second time, and you see duplicate holiday and event entries.
Note: The holiday information that is provided with Outlook includes items during calendar years 2006 through 2012. If you are using a non-Gregorian calendar, items that occur during the same time period are included.
To delete holidays and events:
You can also use the following steps to delete any duplicate holidays that were added while you were adding holidays to your calendar.
- In Calendar, on the View menu, point to Current View, and then click Events.
- Select the holidays that you want to delete. To select multiple rows, press the CTRL key, and then click other rows.
- Click Delete on the Standard toolbar.
Tip: To quickly delete all of the holidays for a country/region, click the Location column heading to sort the list of events so that it displays all of the holidays for a country/region together.