You can open an attachment from the Reading Pane, from a message in a message list such as your Inbox, or from within an open message.
Important: By default, Microsoft Outlook blocks potentially unsafe attachment files (including .bat, .exe, .vbs, and .js files) that can contain viruses. You cannot view or access a blocked attachment file, but a list of blocked attachment files appears in the InfoBar at the top of your message. You should preview or open attachments from trustworthy sources only.
Open an attachment from the Reading Pane
- In the message list, select the message that has the attachment.
- In the Reading Pane, double-click the attachment.
Opening an attachment from the message list
- In the message list, right-click the message that has the attachment.
- On the shortcut menu, click View Attachments, and then click the name of the attachment.
Open an attachment from an open message
- Open the message that has the attachment.
- Double-click the attachment.