Acceptable Passwords Guideline:
- Passwords MUST be a minium of 8 characters in length.
- We strongly recommend that you have a mix of characters and numbers.
- The password should contain at least one letter and one digit.
- Make certain that the password is not the same as the username.
- Special Characters NOT allowed
- (@ ; $ & () <> = # <space>)
- Allowed special character _ (Underscore)
- 5 Login attempts: please note that you will have a total of 5 Login attempts (then your account becomes locked).
- You may contact OIT Help desk at ext 5555 to have your account unlocked.
- 30 minute session timeout after you have logged on
- The Banner system will attribute all activity to your user id.
- Therefore to further ensure the security your session will timeout in 30 minutes for inactive Banner sessions.
- Make sure that the password differs from your previous 3 passwords
If you have password issues please contact the OIT Service Desk at ext 5555.
Changing Your BANNER Password
- You can change your password anytime by typing in GUAPSWD in the Direct Access Box. Click OK at the prompt to change your password.
- Type in your current Banner password in the Oracle Password field. Oracle password is your Banner password. Your User ID into will display automatically.
- Type in your desired new password in the New Oracle Password field.
- Type it in again, in exactly the same way, in the Verify Password field.
(For security reasons, only asterisks display when you type your password.)
- Click the <OK> button on the screen or the save icon (floppy card image).
- Banner will confirm that your password has been changed. Click the <OK> button on the message box and it will bring you back to the Banner main window.